FORENSIC NEUROPSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATION & TESTING
Forensic neuropsychological evaluations are similar to clinical neuropsychological evaluations in that they both utilize cognitive tests to gain insight into patients’ brain functioning. However, forensic evaluations are specifically focused on answering legal questions in context of a civil or criminal case.
They typically include a much larger set of collateral information that must be integrated with test data. In addition, evaluation services include consultation with attorneys and other referral sources to optimally utilize evaluation information. Typically, forensic evaluations require more comprehensive record review as well as assessment of effort or response bias.
EXAMPLES OF FORENSIC NEUROPSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATIONS INCLUDE:
- Independent Medical/Neuropsychological Evaluations (IME) providing neuropsychological evaluations and consultations, peer/case reviews, and independent disability examinations (IME)
- Case reviews and consultation
- Personal injury evaluations
- Medical malpractice evaluations
- Criminal evaluations and consultations
- Decision-making capacity evaluation
Durham Office Location
3310 Croasdaile Drive,
Durham, NC 27705
M-Th 8AM – 4PM,
Fri 8AM – 12PM